Any Texas Hold Em Poker player worth their salt knows that Texas Holdem Poker is all about making the right decisions. These range from simple yes’s to hard no’s, and no matter whether we are holding cards that have great potential or ones that have a less than thrilling chance of helping us to win, we have to make the right decision at some point and I’ll wager that river is one of the many things we have to make that point.
Having therefore many Texas Hold Em Vegas88 tips to choose from is a good idea. Any time we can cut down our number of decisions to make and beef up our positive expected value, then we are in a better position to succeed.
One of the best Texas Hold Em Poker tips I can give you is to understand the math and percentages better. That is, that your chance of winning a hand is equal to your probability of winning when your hand is compared against an opponent’s hand.
For example, you are holding Aces and your up against KJ. Due to your Ace’s better hand you are more likely to win this hand than not. Therefore, you have a 7% chance of winning this hand. Now, if you are holding 6’s you have a 35% chance of winning – since you have 3 more outs.
A simple example can help you see the difference between probabilities and percentages. You have a 30% chance of winning but your opponent has a 70% chance. You are therefore winning about a 70:30 chance. However, your opponent is winning only a little more than a 60:40 chance, thus you are winning more than you are losing.
Bluffing and catching out opponents are general topics for all players and were almost entirely covered in one of the earlier parts of this eBook. In later parts we discuss other topics related to poker, some of which may be more exciting than catching out an opponent and bluffing.
There is an error however that many players make when they are trying to bluff. They are too confident and cocky and fail to consider the fact that their opponent might just call you. Let us say that you are holding QJ suited. You put in a raise of 3 times the big blind to $10. The player on the big blind calls. You put in a c-bet bet of $15, near the pot-size. Your opponent calls. You have missed your flop, but you moss with top pair, a decent hand. You might catch him on a bluff if you were waiting for more players to act before you go out so gamble accordingly.
If you had waited for one more player to act you could have caught a C-bet bet of $47, another player with a great hand and the first to act with an A-J off-suit. Another player has raised the previous bet into $20. You still think you are ahead with your pair of aces but miss the opportunity to up the betting liberty a bit if your opponent calls.
Oh, and the other hands besides K-J and Q-J are not as strong as they should be in this situation either. You still have your straight possibilities, if your opponent held an A-T or a K-9, but these aren’t as whip-smart as you would like them to be.
This is one of 101 perfect strategy moves you have in your book, 101 Winning Moves Notre Dameagged.com University Edition. The moves explained in this book do not make the kind of moves that you see on Hollywood movies, plays the real percentages game and tells you to fold in the first minute when they go in the flop. It also tells you to raise in the flop with small suited connectors like 8-8, 6-7, 4-9, 3-10, and 2-9. It is when these hands win that you make the money, not when they lose. Your bets at the pot should tell the story of a hand, so it is important to tell the story of the hand you are playing and to make your bets connective and meaningful to your invested money.